Anyone can get hepatitis B. People who have unprotected sex or injecting drug users are more likely to get hepatitis B.
How is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B can live in all body fluids, but is mainly transmitted through blood, semen and vaginal fluids. The virus can also live in body fluids such as saliva, tears and breast milk. It is possible to become infected in the following ways:
* Having sex (vaginal, anal or oral) with an infected person
* Sharing personal items like razors, toothbrushes and nail clippers with an infected person
* Sharing needles to inject drugs with an infected person
* Using non-sterile needles or equipment for tattooing, piercing the ears to wear earrings, or apply acupuncture
* A mother infected with hepatitis B can also pass the virus to her baby during childbirth. Continue reading What is Hepatitis B?